I've sometimes wondered about this and yet I'm starting this blog (something I've never done) because I believe Jesus spoke to me and asked me to do this. Funny I used the word "asked" in relation to Jesus, one who many might think doesn't "ask" us to do things, but commands us. I don't know why but I don't think Jesus has to command us to do anything. When Jesus asks you to do something, somehow you want to do it. Are we free to say no? I think we certainly are free to do so and that many do that very thing.
But back to the original question of this post; I believe Jesus (some people might rather say the Holy Spirit) talks to us ALL all the time, both believers and non-believers. I think some will take exception to this as the common belief is that one has to ask Jesus to come into one's heart in order for him to be there. If I believe that Jesus talks to me and I believe He does, then He has told me that he lives ALREADY in all of our hearts but that most of us simply deny that He is there. Asking Him into our hearts is really about coming to a true belief that He exists there already. I did that many years ago as a teenager, but then "forgot" again for most of my life thereafter that not only was Jesus there, but I NEED him everyday to help me with my life. I've always been very intellectual and analytical and made a bunch of questions for myself that don't matter at all. All that matters is that Jesus exists in me as He exists in all of us and that He will guide me if I let Him. He will guide us and WANTS to guide us in everything going on in our life, not just the "big" stuff. There, of course, really is no big stuff aside from letting Jesus be in our life everyday.
How does one who doesn't believe come to a belief in something that he cannot see, touch, smell or feel? The easy answer is through faith, but why should I have faith? Most people are not going to take a step of faith like this until they are so down that they feel they will try anything to not be so down. Some will take this step out of fear. Jesus is not about fear though and I think one's fear can actually keep him from knowing Jesus as the friend He is. Did I just say "friend" in relation to the Divine Almighty Creator of all that exists? Yes, that is the miracle for me. Jesus doesn't need my praise. He needs me to accept His love and guidance. Does a child's parents need the child's praise? Of course not. As a parent, I only want my child to accept my love and guidance. So it is with Jesus.
So, Jesus does talk to us. He told me to "preach the Word". What?!!! I said. Most people who know me know that I don't even talk that much, much less preach about Jesus. I wouldn't even know how to start I said to Him. He said, "write a blog". Writing I can do and so I've started on this journey and I don't know where it will take me. But I encourage anyone who is reading this to not fear Jesus and don't feel like you have to spend all your time telling Jesus how great He is. He just wants you to know that He loves you very much and He wants to spend time with you. How can you refuse that when the rewards are so great. Jesus doesn't command it; He humbly asks you to do this. I personally recommend you give it a try.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
David - God bless you for your obedience. Sam and I will pray for your ministry.
Cindy Faulkner
Post a Comment