Thursday, October 29, 2009

To Make You Feel My Love

It seems like the longer I am in relationship with Christ, the more I view every love song I hear to be about Jesus love for me. I was listening to the song "To Make You Feel My Love" sung by the young British artist Adele, and it just seemed like it was Jesus singing to all of us. This was originally a Bob Dylan song that has been covered by Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood and many others and I don't think any of them were singing about Jesus, and yet that's who I think of when I hear the song. Adele has a particularly beautiful voice on the song (listen at www.adele.tv). Here are the words:

When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace,
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear.
And there is no one to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years,
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I would never do you wrong,
I've known it from the moment that we met,
There's no doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry, I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue,
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do,
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea,
And on the highway of regret,
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do,
Go to the ends of the earth for you,
Make you happy make your dreams come true,
To make you feel my love.

Think about how much Jesus loves us. How passionately He pursues us. How much He was/is willing to sacrifice for us. It blows my mind. You know, in this world they tell us that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. The fact that the God of creation, the Maker of the universe loves us so much even though many ignore Him, yell at Him, spit on Him, deny Him and despise Him seems way too good to be true. That He says He has paid the debt for all my crimes and wiped my filthy heart clean, seems impossible to believe. The fact that He woos us with the love of a starry eyed teenager, willing to do anything for us if we would only believe in Him and return His love, it's unfathomable. I used to feel a little weird frankly about this love for me that Jesus has; the fact that I'm to be His "bride". I'm a dude man! That just seemed weird. Now it's incredibly romantic and exciting. His love for us is truly too good to be true; and yet it is true!

He really would go to the ends of the earth for us, go hungry or go black and blue. There is nothing He wouldn't do to make us feel His love. Can you say the same thing back to Him? I love you Jesus.

No comments: